The morning can shape how your whole day turns out, but lots of us don’t leave enough time for a calm and stress-free start to the day. If you are usually in a rush, skipping breakfast and running for the train, try mixing and matching some of our useful little tips to make the mornings a little less stressful. Alongside our Sleepeezee beds for sale, these ideas can really make for a calmer and better start to the working day – just giving yourself another 20 minutes can make all the difference.
1) Breakfast – this first one is definitely something you’ve heard before. Just because it’s well-worn advice is no reason not to take heed! Not only does breakfast make a huge difference to how much energy you have until lunch, it also jump-starts your metabolism, makes it easier to think clearly, and promotes a healthy lifestyle. If you’re grabbing a slice of toast as you run out of the door, build in some extra time for a slower and healthier breakfast – you’ll thank yourself for it.
2) Music – Make a morning playlist to suit you, and help you get in a better frame of mind. If you’re prone to stress, pick some relaxing and feel-good tunes; if you need something to get your head in the zone, go for something more upbeat and motivating! If you don’t have chance to put something together, why not have a quick scan through Spotify to give your morning an uplifting soundtrack?
3) Podcasts – If you just need a good talking-to in the morning to inspire you with confidence and optimism, choosing a motivational Podcast could be just the thing you need to improve your daily routine. From daily affirmations, to informational, or film reviews, there is something for everyone in the world of Podcasting, all you need to do is search for it! You can even programme your listening device to wake you with a Podcast, filling you with inspiration as you wake from one of our Sleepeezee beds for sale.
4) Yoga – it may not sound like your thing, but if you love the first yawn and stretch of the day, then there’s something for you in yoga. A full body stretch to wake up your limbs, and let your brain slowly adjust to wakefulness can be the best start for a lot of people. There are lots of videos on Youtube to give you some inspiration here.
5) Herbal tea – Any hot drink can do wonders to wake you up, whether it’s coffee or just hot water with lemon, but if that isn’t your thing, or you need to limit your caffeine intake, then Herbal tea is right up your street. Nowadays there are limitless options for flavour and for different effects on your system – most of them are very healthy options too!
Following a great sleep in a bed by Highgrove in Preston, get your morning moving like never before.
6) Meditation – This doesn’t have to mean sitting in silence trying to find inner peace (although if that works for you, go right ahead), you can repeat a phrase to yourself to bring a sense of calm and contentment, or you can visualise positive energy flowing from you, into the world. In our busy and hectic lives, particularly on week days, it can be hard to take a moment for yourself to dwell on your thoughts, or simply positive feelings, but it can make all the difference.
7) Daily planning – Many people report that sitting down and analysing your daily goals can make a huge difference in working and personal life. By thinking through what you would like to achieve for the day, it is much easier to recognize when you have done well and been productive. This promotes a greater sense of wellbeing and achievement, and is shown to improve your overall mood and outlook. This is even more so, of course, when you’re getting out of a Highgrove Preston bed!
8) Running – Some people need a shot of adrenaline and a bunch of endorphins to get going in the morning. If you feel sluggish even when you are well rested, this could be right up your street – experts recommend leaving your running kit by your bed so it’s easier to roll into your clothes and get out of the door before you have a chance to think about it.
9) Sunlight – Waking in the dark makes it harder for your body to know that it is time to get up, as our bodies haven’t evolved past the light/dark body clock. You can leave your curtains open so that you wake with the sun, or if this isn’t an option there are alarm clocks with built in daylight simulators that create a false ‘dawn’ when your alarm goes off, to help your body adjust.
10) Get outside – whether you eat your breakfast outside, or do your meditation or daily planning outdoors, getting out and into the fresh air can make your morning feel more relaxed and leisurely immediately, not to mention the effects of daylight.
It’s important to get the most from your day, so if you’re struggling to embrace the morning, why not give yourself a little extra time to experiment with some of our suggested tips, and see what works best for you! At Bold Street Beds, we care about our customers, so if you’re looking to invest in a new mattress or bed to promote better sleep and sleeping habits, feel free to come and have a chat with us. We stock Sleepeezee beds for sale, as well as many more brands like beds by Highgrove in Preston, and no one is more qualified than our team in our Bed Shop in Preston.